So, we have started to look into daycare options. We are on the wait-list for two, and we've had a tour of one of them (we hope to get a tour of the other soon). They both seem really great, so no issues there.
The conundrum we're having is whether to enroll Evan part-time or full-time. There are cons to both:
- It is more difficult to get into a daycare on a part-time basis (they give preference to full-time children)
- I'll have to choose the days Evan would attend ahead of time. So, if for some reason I need to be at the office on a day he's not in daycare, we would have to scramble around to figure something out.
- Evan would not get the continuity of care that the full-time children get.
- We likely wouldn't need full-time care for the most part. My plan right now is to work 3 days a week at the office, and 2 days at home.
- This would be more expensive, of course.
- Both of us would be away from Evan longer.
Right now, I just feel so guilty about sending him to daycare in general! So, thinking of sending him full-time, when he might not need it, is making me feel even worse.