After the conference on the weekend, I have become very motivated about the general science outreach program I run. So, I have been doing some good work with it! So far I've
- designed a big banner for community events and have sent it for printing
- organized a volunteer/supporter appreciation event for next week and have sent out all the invitations
- designed and printed certificates for the awards we will give out at the event
- completely re-organized our office so there is actually room to walk around
- written up a year-long timeline for the new coordinators
I am absolutely loving this stuff! It is so much fun to work on! The great thing is that there are a lot of things to do, so it keeps me occupied (and doesn't bore me), but it's not freakin' impossible (like research is). It has really made me realize how much I want to do this kind of thing as a career instead of research. I have just been in such a better mood since I submitted my thesis and haven't had to work on it.
Hopefully though, I'll still be motivated to study for that damn defense :P