HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Damnit!!

I have been working on this afghan for over three years now! So, when I started the last of the eight sections, I was pretty excited to be on the home stretch.

To see how it would look all sewn together, I laid out all the pieces and voila:

Fig. 1: All eight sections with 20 pieces each. 

Looks a bit funny there on the left side, doesn't it? Well, that's what happens when you take 3 years to knit something! The tension I use to knit has changed so much over that time that there is one piece (the first piece I knit) is way smaller than the others!

ARGH!! 

So, I'll be re-doing another section! Thankfully, I've been knitting faster lately, and it shouldn't take me too long. I better do it quick though, so my tension doesn't change some more and I end up having to redo other pieces!