HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, April 11, 2014

Actions are not Judgements

I think as a general rule, we (myself included) need to remember that someone's actions are not judgement of our own.

Here are some personal examples that have come up in my life:

- Just because I had a natural home birth, doesn't mean I think anyone who had an epidural or a c-section is weak.

- Just because I had a stroke doesn't mean I'll minimize your health issues or concerns.

- Just because I hated my PhD and left academia and speak of the "hazards", doesn't mean it won't work for others.

- Just because I have 2 children, doesn't mean I judge you for having a different number (including zero)

- Just because I like to dress up for work/school, doesn't mean I judge your preferred style.

- Just because I eat meat, doesn't mean I think vegans/vegetarians/etc are crazy.

- Just because I don't believe in God or pray, doesn't mean I don't value other belief systems.

What it comes down to is we each have our own set of experiences and values, and we make decisions based on what's best for us. If it works, that's all that matters!

What are some examples that you've been accused of, or have witnessed?

Happy Friday!!!