HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

This Is Me

Fig. 1: Minutes after Carter was born during a home water birth.

Fig. 2: Happy morning with both kids a couple days after Carter was born.

Fig. 3: Cuddles with Carter a few days after my surgery. They shaved the left side of my hair to remove essentially the left portion of my skull from the crown of my head to my ear. You can see the staples along the top of my head. 

Fig. 4: a better look at the staples.  Those were taken our the day  I was discharged from the hospital and went to the rehab centre. 


Fig. 5: Posing with Evan at his 3rd birthday celebration at home (Nov. 2)! You can see how my head is misshapen on the left side (closer to Evan) above the ear (that's from the swelling of my brain, which is going down). My head will look normal after they replace the skull on that side - we'll hopefully find out soon when that surgery will be done. 

Fig. 6: cuddles with Carter at home!! Isn't my new hairstyle the best (I find it hard looking at myself now)? I'm looking forward to having my long hair back (so is Evan, who uses it like a security blanket).