HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Oh yeah...

...this is why we were on the fence about having another child.

The Newborn Phase

Don't get me wrong...I love Carter, he's cute, and wonderful, and *insert all the other love-y stuff I'm supposed to say here*

But O.M.G.

The constant cycle of diapers, feeding, calming, getting him to sleep...the crying, the middle of the night everything. Yikes.

I know I should enjoy him in the moment, and every phase is a great phase..blah, blah, blah...but I find myself longing for the days when he will be a little older - 5-6 months? 1-2 years? If that makes me a bad mom, then so be it. I for one, think these feelings and thoughts are totally normal and totally warranted given what a lifestyle change it all means! I can't be the only one...in fact, I know I felt the same way when Evan was a newborn too.