HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Last Day

Yesterday was my last day of work. It's a bit surreal. I don't think it's actually sunk in yet that I don't have anything to do next week...or anything I'm obligated to do, anyway. It's a lot different than last time when Evan came before my maternity leave was to start. Most things were wrapped up nicely, though there are some job-related issues that are still up in the air (more on this soon).

Nothing like leaving to feel acknowledged and loved, though! My office-mate planned a going-away lunch, which was attended by about 20 staff and students. A group of them even got together and had one of their mom's sew me a beautiful, space-themed, blanket for Jelly Bean. One of my bosses said some very nice words about me at the first planetary science gathering of the year, which was followed by audience applause. I had multiple drop-ins to my office, lots of hugs, and another nice gift from a group of ladies working down the hall from me. All in all, it was a very nice send-off.

Now, I really hope to have at least a week or two to just relax at home, make up a bunch of meals to freeze, and get ready for Jelly Bean to arrive. 

Evan will be starting part-time at his daycare - going three days a week and being home with me the other two days. Honestly, I'm not sure how I'm going to keep up with him while 35+ weeks pregnant, but we'll manage!