HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Full Term - Now Get Out!

Today marks 37 weeks, which means Jelly Bean is now full-term! I'm not sure which of the three interventions (or combination thereof), if any, worked the magic, but I'm so happy to be at this point. 

Now, though, I'm definitely ready to meet baby. I've been pregnant for 2.5 weeks longer than with Evan, so even though I'm only 37 weeks, I feel like I'm overdue. That being said, I know the longer baby is in there, the better it is for him. I'm still hoping for a September baby, while DH thinks he'll arrive early October.

We are all ready for a home birth, as long as there are no complications (of which there are none right now - the pregnancy is considered very low risk at this point). Maybe at some point I'll write about how we came to this decision, but right now I want to avoid judgements/questions/etc. and keep our positive attitude about things.

So, now it's just a waiting game. Regardless of how long it takes, we're very excited to meet baby #2!