HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, September 30, 2013

Angry Phase?

Not sure if this is normal, but I've gotten into an angry pregnant-lady phase. In fact, I would say I've been way more angry than weepy with this pregnancy in general. People annoy me easily, and I tend to get frustrated and fly off the handle more quickly than usual. 

This past weekend, I was so angry that I was still pregnant! I was seriously contemplating calling my midwife to schedule a C-section. Kudos to any woman who has been pregnant over 37 weeks, because this is just killing me. I want this kid out...NOW. 

Yesterday afternoon, though, I realized that I just need to take things day by day and try not to let my anger get the best of me. After all, I'm really lucky that I could take the opportunity to go on maternity leave relatively early and have time to relax before baby arrives. So, I'm trying to focus on enjoying these last few days/weeks before we're a family of four (ack!).

One thing that adds to my anxiety is I keep thinking about the possibility of a still birth. I know that my fear is unfounded and that it's incredibly unlikely, but I know a few people who've had to go through this terrible, heartbreaking experience, and I just can't untangle myself from the thought of it right now. So, I just want Jelly Bean to be out, to be healthy, and to be safe.

This post seems random and blathering - sorry about that! My guess is that will be a running theme over the next while as I wait for baby.