HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dressing the PG Body

With the heat rising and my belly (and other things) getting bigger, it's been getting harder and harder to pull together reasonable looking outfits for work. 

A couple months back, I bought a whole pile of slightly used maternity clothes (who wants to spend full price on clothes that you're only going to wear for a few months?), and splurged on some new items too. With seemingly endless combinations of outfits I could put together, I thought I was set for the rest of my pregnancy. 

Apparently, I forgot how things progress while pregnant during the summer.

The very fashionable skinny jeans and dress pants I bought, while still fitting nicely around the belly, are already tight in the hips.

Some of the tops are already too short to fit over my belly.

My feet are growing/swelling so that my shoes are tight.

The heat means there's no way in hell I'm wearing layers, which is a problem because...

...all of a sudden my boobs have grown multiple cup sizes, making what used to be relatively conservative necklines into cleavage-ville.

Getting dressed for work sucks these days. I seriously get angry even thinking about having to wear a camisole underneath a top because...HEAVEN FORBID...someone might be able to see a bit of cleavage (GASP!!!). Knowing I can't even wear half my maternity pants anymore makes me want to weep. Putting my shoes on in the morning just makes me cringe.

And I'm only 24 weeks along!

The one good thing about all of this is how amazing it feels to come home, get out of my work clothes, and put on a big t-shirt, cotton shorts, and flip-flops.

Just hoping I can make it to Sept. 13th (last day of work!!) with a somewhat intact ability to dress appropriately, then the above becomes my uniform until Jelly Bean arrives (and, let's be honest, for months after except substituting sweatpants and socks for the shorts and flip-flops in the fall). It will be glorious.