HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Am I an artist now?

The second local Awesome Foundation project to get funded was Caring Between the Lines. The idea is that people can submit a photo, about 20 would be chosen to be printed in large format in high-contrast black and white, and then put on display for others to color with crayons. After being on display for a week, the pieces would be auctioned off, and the money would go toward a charity of the photographer's choice.

I thought this was literally an awesome idea, so to show my support I submitted a photo.

 Fig. 1: My submitted photograph, titled "Mmm...candy apples", taken at a local chocolate shop.

Well, mine was chosen to be part of the exhibit! I'm pretty excited, and we're definitely going to take part in the coloring in early May, and the subsequent auction. Wouldn't it be cool to have a giant, crayon-colored version of my own photograph?