HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Poor Performance

The other day I really disappointed myself. I had scheduled a meeting with a particular person so I could pick their brain about something I am interested in at a personal level. They, understandably, assumed I wanted to talk to them for professional reasons. Unfortunately, when they asked me what I was hoping to get from them, I baulked, and started talking about potential collaborations and common interests between our programs. 

I'm not sure why I did that. I guess it's easier to make gains for a larger group than for just myself. I seem to have a much harder time asking for help/information/etc. for me rather than on a professional level. 

I did get some good information out of the meeting - but I didn't at all achieve what I wanted.