HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, February 15, 2013

Cat Mats

One of our cats, Izzie, tends to get really bad mats in her fur. They're mostly on her back near her tail, and we think she gets them because she's a little on the "voluptuous" side and can't really reach back there. She also has problems with getting...um....feces stuck in her butt fur (or, as my sister-in-law likes to call them, "dingleberries").



I've been trying to comb out the mats, but it's next to impossible. The clumps are huge and her fur is really thick. Plus, she doesn't like to be touched in general, so the claws and teeth come out rather quickly. I have gotten a few out - a couple I had to cut out - but there are so many I don't really know what to do.

So, cat owners - help! Do your cats have this problem? Do you deal with it or take them to a groomer or something?