HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

5-10 Years

The other day, my boss asked me what my long-term (5-10 years) career goals are, and I floundered around for an answer. Sure, I have a few things running around in my head, but nothing remotely concrete. 

It has given me a bit of a kick in the butt to become more proactive about things. After all, we all know how fast time flies, and 5-10 years will be here and gone before I know it. Where will I be then? Will I just follow whatever falls in front of me, or be somewhere because I followed my own path?

So, readers, do you have a 5-10 year career plan? What does it consist of? Are you like me and have ideas in your head but not much else, or do you have documents, spreadsheets, notebooks, etc.? If you're more like the latter, what kinds of things do you write down or keep track of? Any web utilities/pages, apps, or books you'd recommend to help?