HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Goals

Here are my goals for 2013! As always, you can keep track with how I'm doing on my resolutions page.

1. Reading. 
I'd like to read at least 15 books this year to match what I did in 2012.

2. Knitting. 
Let's try to get this afghan done this year! Also, I'd like to do another baby blanket if we get pregnant again.

3. Back to style 
- Get a skin-care and make-up consultation, since my skin has changed a lot in the past few years.
- Focus my work style more by bringing in more of my own personality.
- Develop a casual/weekend wardrobe.

4. Get back into at least one of dance, music, or golf
As I wrote before, I really miss these things from earlier in my life. So, why not try to get back into them?

5. Planned charity giving
With the exception of my monthly donation to WWF, we tend to randomly give to charities throughout the year. This year, I'd like to plan this out a bit more. Perhaps budget a certain amount per month and then make conscious decisions of who to give too. I will also be taking part in Awesome London this year!

6. Home organization 
Now that we've been in this house for almost three years, some re-organization needs to be done. This includes, but not limited to:
- Reorganizing pantry, office closet, linen closet, and bookcases
- Putting together a cleaning schedule
- Going through old magazines and cutting out interesting articles/recipes
- Use Pinterest to keep track of fashion, home decor/design, and recipe ideas

7. Make note of the little things
Both my mom and mother-in-law say they wish they had written more things down when we were kids, so I'd like to do this more. Not sure on the medium though - I'm deciding between a written journal, private blog, or setting up an email for Evan.

8. Become more in tune with my body
I've been ignoring several signs that my body needs to be better taken care of, and that needs to stop.  I need to be more proactive about my neck/shoulder problems, be a more mindful eater, and work in more fitness into my life.

9. Professional development for work
I want to be more proactive in terms of my career development. A couple things I'd like to do this year are: 
- Take a continuing education class or two that would fit great with my current position (and help for future options)
- Foster my interest in education research by delving into the literature

10. Nurture our marriage more
We tend to take our anger and frustrations out on each other, and we need to stop. We also need to find more ways to spend more quality time together, even if it's not a date night out.

11. Have baby #2
This is more of a hope than a goal - hopefully 2013 will be good to us in this regard and we can add another child to our family.

Happy 2013 to all my wonderful readers! I hope the new year brings you much love and happiness!