HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, December 10, 2012

The M/C Saga Continues

Thank you to everyone for all your kind words and thoughts. 

This miscarriage has been far worse physically than the last one. It started on its own on Thursday, which I was relieved about. However, come Saturday morning, the bleeding got out of control and I ended up in an ambulance to the ER.

I spent 9 hours in the ER. My hemoglobin levels dropped about 30 points in that time (125 to 96), and it was decided I needed to undergo a D&C. At least that meant I got to go to a more private ward, but I had to wait another 5 hours before being called to surgery at about midnight.

Thankfully, the surgery went well, the bleeding has pretty much stopped, and my hemoglobin levels were rising again. I'm still feeling pretty awful today, but mostly because I have a brutal cold and my muscles are really stiff (from all the IV fluids going in and out quickly, or maybe from my blood levels?).

Here's hoping I'm finally on the mend.