HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, November 9, 2012

Refuse to Go Back

I hate going backwards. If I miss a turn while driving, I won't turn around - I'll take the next one. I hate making corrections to things that I thought were "finalized". I would rather leave things the way they are, even if they're not perfect, just because I hate redoing work.

I don't really know where this comes from - is it from laziness (not wanting to repeat work), a control thing (it's fine the way it is because I did it), or am I just laid back and don't get worried about the small stuff? 

My guess is that it's situation-dependent, and sometimes it's a strength (knowing when things are "good enough" and not wasting time on making them perfect) and other times it's a weakness (things could be better with just a little bit of effort).

Lately, I find that it's been cropping up more on the negative side of things, and it seems that I don't pay attention to detail, or that I half-ass things, or something.

Like introversion, this is a trait of mine that I've become more aware of lately. Unlike introversion, I'm not sure if this is something I should accept about myself, or if it's something I need to work on.

Anyone else hate going back?