HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Exercise & Eating Better Screws with Body Image?

Here's a brain teaser: I actually tend to feel worse about my body when I'm exercising regularly and/or keeping track of my eating habits.

I think it's because I'm focusing on my body when I'm changing my exercise/eating habits, and so I tend to look critically at myself more often. When I'm not doing those things, I'm not thinking about my body, therefore I don't look at it in detail much.

I hate this, because it can negatively impact my progress and attitude and I start the downward spiral: Shouldn't I feel and look better if I'm being healthy? If I don't, then why do I bother? Quitting soon follows.

This time, I need to fight this. I'm not sure how, other than to just try my best to ignore it.

Does anyone else have this problem? How do you combat it?