HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Book Reviews: Catching Fire & Mockingjay

Over a year after reading the first book in the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, I read Catching Fire and Mockingjay. I wish I didn't wait!

The second book was fantastic - fast-paced right from the beginning, filled with action and excitement, and the introduction of new characters kept the story from getting repetitive. I do wish I had read it sooner, since there were details from the first that I had to remind myself of. 

The third book had a bit of a slow start - too much time dwelling on the goings-on of District 13. But, once it got going, it was really difficult to put down. There were a few twists that surprised me, a few that didn't, and I actually teared up at one part. 

This whole series was amazing - well-written and exciting, but not overly bogged down with personal relationship drama. I gave the first book 3.5/5, and I'll give the other two 4/5 each. I definitely recommend the series to anyone, and now I really want to see the movie(s)!