HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Year-End

Over the past few days, I've been working on our year-end report to send to our major funder. Though it has been a bit tedious (mostly because I'm working at home on my laptop and not at work with my large monitor and real keyboard and mouse), it has been a great opportunity to reflect on how the last year has gone.

I have a list of ideas that I hope to implement over the summer to be used in the fall. Some are ways to make things more efficient - like the way I log the feedback we receive from students. Others are updates to current surveys we use to glean more useful information. There will be several new activities and presentations to be developed, which is always exciting, and I'm starting to put together a wish-list of things we want to apply for funding in the next round.

We also submit quarterly reports, but they haven't had the same effect on me. Probably because they're more about reporting event types and numbers reached, and don't focus on the big picture like the year-end report tends to do. 

Do you have to submit "big picture" reports for your work? Do you find they motivate you, or are they more annoying or tedious than anything?