HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, April 23, 2012

Washing Washing Machines

Maybe I'm ignorant or maybe I lead a very sheltered life as a child, but I had no idea one had to regularly wash washing machines.

A couple weeks ago I noticed a slight mildewy smell coming from the washer. Soon after, I noticed there was a "tub clean" setting. Putting two and two together, I realized that perhaps there was a way to wash the washer.

After ignoring the problem for two weeks, just hoping it would fix itself, I followed the cleaning instructions found in the washing machine manual. I wiped the inner part of the glass door, around the rubber around the door opening, and then ran the "tub clean" cycle with some liquid bleach.

Apparently, this is something that should be done quite frequently. Who knew? This was the first time I've done it since we bought it two years ago. My bad!