HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, April 13, 2012

Through His Eyes

One of my favorite things about having a child is seeing the world through his eyes.

He LOVES trucks and other big vehicles. He will stand or sit on his chair by the front window and just watch the traffic for 10-15 minutes at a time. Every time a large vehicle goes by - especially buses - he gets SO excited, points, squeals, giggles, and looks at us as if to say "are you seeing this, guys??". Now every time I see a bus, I get a smile on my face because I know how much he would love it.

Fig. 1: Oooohh!! A bus!!!!
He finds joy in the simplest things, like shoveling dirt or rocks into a pail (then dumping it all out and starting all over), or making funny faces to make us laugh. Some of my favorite moments are when him and I are just giggling with each other over something silly - and once one of us starts, the other is soon to follow.

I know I've said this before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but this is my favorite stage so far!