HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, April 30, 2012

Book Review: All Wound Up

I recently realized that I'm not doing to well with my reading this year. Including my latest book - All Wound Up by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee - I've only read 5 so far. With a goal of 20 for the year, I better get my butt in gear. 

All Wound Up is a series of short essays written by the same woman who writes the incredibly popular Yarn Harlot blog. I love her blog, and I read and reviewed an earlier book of hers (Yarn Harlot: Secret Life of a Knitter), so I knew I was sure the book would be fun and entertaining. 

I was right! There were some laugh-out-loud moments - such as when her three daughters had a water balloon fight inside the house, or when her husband got his truck caught between a rock and hard place (practically literally) - and some very emotional and enlightening moments too - like when she had to give up knitting for a while, or what she was like as a teenager (and still is that way). 

This was a fun and fast read, and I'm sure I'll be reading more of her books in the future. I do wish there were photos included of her knitting, because so much of it sounds amazing. I give this book a 4/5.