HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Are We Going Backward?

Over the past few weeks, there have been a few things floating around the news, the blogosphere, and around the water cooler that really make me wonder if we're going back in time:

- All the cuts to science in both Canada and the US (is it going on elsewhere too?)
- Cuts to the local education system
- The fact that women still make far less money than men
- The focus on violent behaviour in the NHL playoffs, how it's just part of the game, and how that is actually bringing in larger audiences (while I'm losing complete respect for the game)
- Issues over reproductive rights in the USA

WTF is going on in our world right now? Is it just me, and all of a sudden I'm more aware of these issues, or do others feel the same?

Thankfully, there are new episodes of Glee, knitting, and good chocolate in this world to take my mind off things.