HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Book Review: Before I Go to Sleep

Our most recent book club pick was Before I Go to Sleep by S. Watson. A woman wakes up every day not knowing where she is, how old she is, or anything except fleeting memories from her childhood. With the help of a doctor, unbeknownst to her husband, she begins to keep a journal of her memories and uncovers her past.

I liked this book. It was fun to read, it kept on moving like a thriller should, and I didn't see the big twist at the end coming. All the characters were there for a reason, and all the side plots were too. There were some language and random short descriptions or scenes that seemed to be added for pure "shock" value, but it wasn't overly distracting.

I don't think it was one of the best books I've ever read, but it was entertaining in the way it was supposed to be. I do wish they ended a story the day after they did, but then I probably would have complained about the author wrapping everything up too nicely :P I give the book a 3.5/5.