HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, January 16, 2012

Slow Going

About a year ago, I started off on a journey...a knitting journey.

When I heard other knitters talk about how long afghans take, I just thought maybe they were choosing really difficult projects. I could find a pattern that looked really cool, but use simple knitting techniques, so it would go faster. Woolly Thoughts have a lot of patterns that are based on mathematics - so definitely look cool - but use basic knit and purl stitching. Perfect!

Here's how far I've gotten in a year:

Fig. 1: The pathetic amount of knitting I've done in the last 12 months.

Two full pieces (of eight) are complete and I'm working on the third. Not great, considering it's been 12 months and I've done no other knitting. Plus, the only reason those two pieces are fully complete is that my mom weaved in the ends for me over Christmas (thanks Mom!).

One of my resolutions this year is to finish this afghan. In order to do that, I'm going to put myself on a timeline. I'll even be incredibly reasonable about it. Here is the schedule I'd like to follow:

3rd piece: Feb. 15th
4th piece: Mar. 31st
5th piece: May 15th
6th piece: June 30th
7th piece: Aug. 15th
8th piece: Sept. 30
Put 8 pieces together: Dec. 31st

I'm even putting the deadlines in my calendar. That should be easily doable, right? RIGHT?