HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, January 30, 2012

Got me thinking

Cloud over at Wandering Scientist had a lot of really great links to share a few days ago. A couple of them have brought back some terrible memories and emotions from my early 20s. I have written about it, but not sure if I will post it. It's terribly personal, and I don't know if I want it all out there.

Now I feel like I'm stuck a bit in a cloud of darkness. I look at the girls around the university and wonder how many of them were taken advantage of over the weekend. I look at all the guys and wonder how many of them took advantage of a girl on the weekend, or how many of them called a girl a bitch for saying no to a drink or to a dance.

It makes me think of all the things everyone on this planet must have gone through, be going through, and I wonder how the weight of it all doesn't make the Earth implode on itself.

Like Alice, I'm just happy I'm old enough to be practically invisible. I can go for a walk, to the mall, or out for coffee without worrying about what might be said to me (positive or negative). In my late-20s, I mourned the loss of this, but now I relish in it. I am free.