HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, December 9, 2011

Done Lists?

Most of us keep to-do lists - some are more extensive than others. My work to-do list permanently sits on my desktop and is usually about 5-6 pages long. I have it split up into multiple categories, including materials to buy, general tasks, meetings, reports, website updates, grant applications, current large-scale events, current activities in development, activity/program ideas, conferences, recruitment events, and questions and updates for bosses and other meetings.

When I'm done with something, I delete it. I'm starting to think that isn't such a great idea. At least for the big things.

Lately I've been thinking about creating a "done" list. This wouldn't include every little mundane thing I've done, but it would basically be a list of accomplishments...the things I've brought to this position that weren't there before. These would be the things that I could bring up if I needed to write a report about what we've done differently this year, or if I had to justify my existence - or at least the existence of my position.

So, I started a Word file with a bullet list. It's alright, but doesn't seem good enough for some reason. I'm looking for a better way to log this information.

Does anyone else keep a list like this? If so, how do you do it?