HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Conferencing

Today I head to my first conference since 1) becoming a mother, and 2) starting my new job. It's a conference for K-12 teachers, and we will be hosting an information booth about our education and outreach programs, as well as hosting a workshop about one of our activities.

I'm excited! I really enjoy interacting with teachers, especially the gung-ho ones who want to try new things in their classrooms (who this conference is designed for). I'm also excited to find out what other places are doing in terms of outreach and finding resources for our own activities.

In addition to the job-side excitement, there is also some on the personal side: tonight I will get a whole hotel room all to myself. I will have all evening, from about 5pm onward, to do whatever I please. I have brought knitting, my Kindle, and my swimsuit. There's no telling what tonight may hold (though I have a feeling there will be some serious vegging and/or sleeping).

Tomorrow and Friday night I will be sharing the room, but it's not like I have to worry about changing someone's diaper, giving them a bath without them crying, or trying to get them to sleep before 8pm. At least I hope not. It will be glorious.

Of course, I'll probably miss Evan and DH terribly by the second day, but I plan to squash those feelings as much as possible so I can enjoy my "me" time.

If you're going to be at the STAO conference, email me!