HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One Year

One year ago today, our little man decided to surprise us and arrive five weeks early.

Fig. 1: Evan, about 2 hours old.

It sure has been quite the year - from the rough start at the NICU and another hospital stay a month later, to our first Christmas as a family, to DH going back to work and me figuring out how to be a stay-at-home mom, to finally welcoming in spring, enjoying summer with our little man, and finally to me going back to work and Evan starting daycare. It's definitely been a wild, and fast, ride!

I have loved seeing how Evan has developed into a little boy. He has changed from an orange-tinged sack of potatoes, to a little boy who loves to explore, laugh, and play. In between, he has gone through all sorts of stages - when all he would do was eat and sleep, to being a fairly difficult baby in his 2nd to 4th months, to becoming a generally happy kid.

Fig. 2: This smile is pretty much plastered on his face most of the time these days.

It's been amazing to watch him learn. It's crazy to think about all the things he can do now: rolling, sitting, crawling, standing, cruising, babbling, smiling, laughing, clapping, pointing, waving, playing, climbing, eating (oh, the eating!)...and a zillion other things.

I think watching him learn will continue to be my favorite thing of all. I am completely in awe how he can pick something up and figure it out. How he can learn so quickly, and how his sense of curiosity leads him to learn even more. One of my biggest wishes is that he never loses that curiosity.



So, my little man, my cute-apotamus, my E-dawg, my Evan...Happy 1st Birthday to you! I'm sure the next year will bring even more amazing things!