HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, August 22, 2011

First Birthdays

Evan's first birthday is coming up and I'm not sure what to do for it.

It would be cute to have a little party for him. The problem is, we have absolutely no family in the area, which would be ideal for a first birthday. So, if we want to go this route, we would invite a few friends over (some who also have kids), have cake, etc. But, I don't want people thinking we're inviting them just trying to get presents out of them or something. And, really, how interesting is a 1st birthday for anyone but the parents?

I'm also thinking we could just do something as a family. I could make him a small cake, take some photos, maybe go somewhere he's never been before. I mean, it's not like he'll remember it, so doing something small would be fine.

Another option is, since his birthday is close to Halloween, to throw a little Halloween party. But, then I think his birthday should be, you know, about him.

If you have kids, what did you do for a first birthday? If you've been to a first birthday party, what have you seen that you liked or didn't like?