HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, June 3, 2011

First Couple of Days

I officially started my new job on Wednesday. It's only been two days, and I'm working from home right now, but I can tell it's going to be a struggle having Evan around!

Don't get me wrong - I love being with him, but it's going to be very difficult to balance everything until he starts daycare. I find when I'm working I feel bad about not giving him the attention he needs or deserves. Then, of course, if I'm giving him attention, I'm thinking about what work needs to be done. I feel a bit bad about dragging him to meetings too (for him because it's boring and disrupts his routine, and to the person/people I'm meeting because Evan is a distraction - a cute one, but still). It's not a great situation.

So, I'm really starting to see how great daycare will be for both of us. He'll get the benefit of getting much needed attention, playtime, tons of different activities, etc. while at daycare. I'll get to focus on my work when at work, and focus on him when I'm at home. I think I'll be a much better mother (or at least feel that way).

It's almost nice that I get to experience trying to work at home with him, because I think I'll feel much better about sending him to daycare!