HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, April 29, 2011

Yuck

I'm not in a hurry for Evan to grow up any time soon. I just told DH this morning that I wouldn't mind him being a "late bloomer" in terms of starting to crawl, walk, or talk. Although these milestones are exciting, I'm trying to enjoy him in the moment.

That being said, I cannot wait until this whole spitting-up thing is over.

Most babies grow out of it by the time they're six months and can sit up (assisted or not). Apparently, that's not the case with Evan. In fact, it seems to have gotten worse in the last month or so. It seems that sitting up puts pressure on his tummy, causing him to spit up even more.

I have to say, I'm pretty tired of getting puked on a few times a day. I love the guy, but it's not exactly an endearing quality.

We have talked to Evan's pediatrician about it, and she says some babies just take longer to grow out of it than others, especially if they've always been a spitter (like Evan). She said as long as he's not in pain (he's not) and he's gaining weight properly (he is), it's nothing to worry about.

So, time Gods, is it possible to fast-forward to the non-spitting-up stage but not the crawling/walking/talking stages? Please, for the sake of my pants, carpets, and furniture?



PS: on a completely unrelated note, some of you may have noticed my blog rolls to the right have disappeared. I was using those as a way to keep up with the blogs I read, but because I changed to Google Reader a few months ago, those lists have not been updated in ages. So, instead, I have a new Blog Roll page for anyone who is interested.

PPS: next week will consist of a five-post series about my experience with a wardrobe consultant. The week after that I will be away, so I'll do a 5-part photo series. Things will then get back to normal, and hopefully I can blog about my new job soon!