HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Travels

Next week, Evan and I will be flying for the first time. Unfortunately, DH won't be joining us, which makes me infinitely more nervous! It would be so much easier going 2-on-1.

I've mentioned that Evan is a lot less fussy than a couple months ago, which makes me a bit more confident about flying with him. However, there are two problems that do make me worry: 1) he seems to have a fussy period between 5-7pm, and 2) during this period only Daddy seems to be able to calm him down.

These things aren't necessarily a big problem at home, but they could end up becoming a problem on the plane. Because, of course, one of my flights is from...yup...5-7pm. Good times.

I'm one of those people who are very aware of my actions on other people. I often can be heard saying "sorry" even if it's the other person who bumped into me. So, the idea of being "one of those parents" on the plane with the screaming child absolutely gives me nightmares. I'm not joking. Last night I practically had an anxiety attack just thinking about it. I know I shouldn't care, but I do, and that's not going to change.

I have some plans on how to keep him calm - extra bottles, toys, books, a soother, etc.. I'm going to try and keep him on his routine as much as possible. I'll feed him or get him to suck on a soother during take-off and landing. I'm bringing some Tylenol, just in case.

Any other tips for that or traveling with baby in general? Is it better to have a window (for more privacy) or an aisle (ease of movement) seat? Anything I should bring that I wouldn't think of (I'm bringing a days-worth of diapers/milk/wipes, a change of clothes for him and me)?