HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, March 21, 2011

Kindle: A Review

I think I'm in love.

Seriously, this thing is amazing, and I've barely used any of the functions. It is making reading so much easier for me!

Right now I'm reading The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson both upstairs (paperback) and downstairs (Kindle), just to compare --- and there is no comparison! The Kindle is so much easier to work with and it's just plain cool. Especially with a book as thick as this, it's so nice not to get a cramp in my hand while reading. "Turning" the page is super easy, and there are options such as highlighting, making notes, looking up words in the dictionary, and other things (none of which I have used yet, as I'm just in awe of the thing right now). I can now read while pumping, which makes it not such a pain in the ass.

Buying a book is really easy - I just use my 1-click account on Amazon (which I already had and the Kindle was automatically linked to when it was shipped to me) and it downloads to my Kindle in a matter of seconds.

I have played around with a couple of the other functions, such as the web browser, which will be really handy to have while traveling. I did get the 3G version, so I can use these features while out and about (though one does have to be careful, as they do charge for certain things unless you choose the "free" options).

Don't get me wrong - I love the feeling of a real book, but all in all, I'm really happy with it so far! I'm so glad I chose it as my birthday gift!