HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, February 4, 2011

Style

One of my resolutions is to get some style before I head back to work. So, I'm considering getting a personal stylist to help me out with my look a bit.

I think I dress pretty well (especially compared to a lot of people in physics!), but I would like my wardrobe to be more complete, polished, and versatile. I would like to have a wide range of outfits - not just a top and bottom, but adding jackets, cardigans, belts, and accessories into the mix as well.

Here is my predicament though: hiring a personal stylist is pretty expensive, so I wouldn't be able to afford a color analysis, AND a body analysis, AND a hair analysis, AND to have the person look at what I currently have, AND have them come shopping with me.

So, here's what I'm thinking: if I go for either one of the last two (looking at my current wardrobe or getting them to shop with me), they would obviously end up letting me know what colors look good on me and what styles are best for my body type. Thus, negating the need for those two services separately. I'm happy with my make-up, and I can just go to a hair stylist to get a new cut.

Which would be more useful and fun then? Getting someone to go through my current wardrobe and then figuring out what pieces I need to make it more functional, or getting someone to go shopping with me to get main pieces to build a wardrobe around?