HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, January 7, 2011

First Week

Well, today is the last day of my first week at home with Evan alone. It went really well, and I'm actually enjoying it much more than I thought I would!

I was really stressed about it in the days leading up to Monday. I wasn't sure that there would be enough time in the day to feed/change/hold/play with Evan AND be able to eat/pump/do other stuff for myself. But, it turns out, even though the days fly by, there is a lot of time in the day to get things done! I think one thing that has helped is I started to shower in the evening while DH is home. This gives him some time alone with Evan, I don't have to rush through it, and it's one less thing I have to do during the day.

Evan and I also had two play dates this week! On Tuesday, a friend and her son came over to our house, and yesterday I took Evan to another friend's house to visit her and her boy. In both cases the babies didn't really notice each other, but it was good for us mommies :) Eventually they'll start to interact though, and it will be fun to watch I'm sure!

Evan has clearly grown out of all his 1-3 month clothes now, especially his full-body sleepers. They actually fit fairly well on the body, but they are SO short on his legs and arms. We've actually gone a bit ghetto and cut the feet off of some of them so we don't have to buy new ones yet! I think I'll have to bite the bullet this weekend though and get him some new sleepers --- maybe some without feet so they last longer!