HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Resolutions

I love the beginning of a new year. Somehow, even though it's just a new day, that turning of the calendar gives us all a clean slate - like anything is possible!

So, that means it's time for a new set of resolutions. Making 10 resolutions for the past couple of years has really worked for me, so I'll be continuing with that tradition. This year, I'll need to take Evan into consideration when deciding what is realistic!

Reading
I reached my 2010 goal of 20 books (I read 21), but this year I'm going to scale it back to 12-15. One a month should be doable. I'll also do a book review on my blog of each book I read. Take a look at my Books page to keep track of what I'm reading.

Knitting
This year I want to try my hand at making a sweater, an afghan, and these slippers.

Activity
Yes, yet another exercise resolution! This year I just want to find ways to get off my butt, especially while at home with Evan. This includes going for walks, signing up for swimming lessons with my boy, and breaking out the Wii.

Social Mom
I need social interaction while at home with Evan! I'm hoping to find a mom's group to join, or at least get together with other moms who also have young babies.

Ask for what I want
I'm really horrible at this, both at work and at home (just ask DH). I need to stop assuming people can/should read my mind!

Pumping
I hope to keep giving Evan expressed breast milk until at least the 6 month mark. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it exclusively, but so far so good!

Internet/TV addiction
I desperately need to stop watching TV or surfing the net just because it's there. My goal here is to only watch TV shows I want to watch, and only go on the internet when I have something specific to do.

Experiment with cooking/baking
I have a ton of cookbooks with amazing recipes that I have never tried. To be realistic, I would like to try a new recipe at least once a month.

Get some style
I confess: I've basically been living in pajama/yoga pants, T-shirts, and a ponytail since Evan was born. I want to reclaim my sense of style - at least before I start working again!

Great-grandmother visit
I want to take Evan to visit his great grandmothers in Saskatchewan before I go back to work.

So, there we are! As with last year, you can follow my progress on the resolutions page. Wish me luck, and good luck with any resolutions/goals you make yourself this year!

Happy 2011!!!