HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Activities

This is going to sound really dumb, and like I'm a clueless parent, but now that Evan is awake for good portions of time I have no idea what to do with him! Apparently, I so do not have the mothering instinct :P

I mean, we read to him, talk to him, and we do tummy time with him, but that's about it. I feel bad not doing things with him during all of his waking hours. Any other ideas of what kind of activities we could/should be doing with him?

In other news, we're making slow progress with breast feeding (BFing). We now get 1-2 good feedings in a day, which is much better than before. At this point, I think I'm the limiting factor. Mostly because (TMI alert) my nipples hurt from not being used to BFing, and I end up having to pump anyway because I tend to have an oversupply of milk (which completely defeats the purpose of BFing so I don't have to pump anymore). In any case, I don't intend to exclusively BF because it's nice that DH can also feed Evan (especially at night!), so if we can get to the point of doing 50/50, I'd be happy.

Fig. 1: Evan's new fun thing to do: touching/hitting mommy's face (photo courtesy of my friend Theresa).