HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, September 13, 2010

Meeting

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I'll be meeting with the department head to discuss the possible future of the nearby observatory slated to shut down at the end of the year. Two other professors, who are big supporters of the program, will also be there (which I am grateful for!).

I'm not really sure how it will go. The head seems to be supportive of outreach stuff in general, but I think he's hesitant about this particular project for various reasons (funding, technical support, etc.).

In the end though, all I want is either a yes or no to go ahead with the program after December 31st. If he says yes, then that's great, and we can start going to other university VIPs with the knowledge we have the backing of the department. If he says no, then that's honestly fine by me too. I know I have done my best to create awareness of the observatory, the two open houses this summer were a success, and I did all I could do to keep the facility open. No regrets.

Stay tuned for an update!

PS: It's our two-year wedding anniversary today! Happy anniversary, honey :)