HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, September 17, 2010

A Big Boy

Because I've been measuring big, I had an ultrasound done a couple weeks ago and also did a gestational diabetes (GD) test last week (where I had to fast, then drink a God-awful orange drink, and had blood drawn 3 times). The test results are back and all is good!

My blood sugar levels are well within the normal ranges, so that's great news. No GD for me! As for my ultrasound, my fluid levels are "generous" but still within the normal range. Baby G is measuring a bit larger than average: he was already about 3 pounds 6 ounces at 27.5 weeks! So, it sounds like he's going to be a big boy.

The fluid levels and the size of the baby could mean I end up going into labour earlier than expected, but we'll see. I'll be getting another ultrasound done sometime in the next three weeks to keep an eye on the measurements.

Overall, I'm happy with the results! I'm glad I don't have to deal with GD, but a bit scared at how big this boy is going to get!