HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baby G Knitting Project

Last month I mentioned I was started a knitting project for Baby G's nursery: knitting squares with the letters of his name and make a wall hanging.

Well, I finished the squares last week, and got around to blocking them on Monday night. This was the first time I ever blocked something, so it was kind of exciting!

Fig. 1: One of the letters in Baby G's name, and the other colors I used to make up the wall-hanging.

Now I have a decision to make: do I hang the letters separately, or do I sew them together somehow? If I go for the latter, do I sew the pieces directly together or put some sort of a boarder between the squares?

Thoughts?

Now I'll go back to working on the felted tote bag. I'm really excited about the final product, but to be honest the knitting is pretty boring, since it's just the same stitch over and over again. I think that's why I keep putting it down. Hopefully I can get it done before Baby G arrives though (not because I'll need it, but it would be nice to have it finished).