HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

28 Weeks

Well, Baby G has been with us for 28 weeks as of yesterday.

Here's the deal: I know I'm supposed to be grateful for being pregnant, especially after the loss we experienced in December. I know this whole thing is a "miracle", and I should be happy, and glowing, blah, blah, blah...but, you know what?

Pregnancy is HARD!!

Hard on me emotionally, mentally, and (duh!) physically. I've definitely learned that I'm not one of those women who LOVES being pregnant. At this point, I'm just trying to get through it without killing someone.

So, in honor of getting to the 28 week mark without being arrested for manslaughter, I'm allowing myself to vent. If you don't think I deserve to vent, then sod-off and don't read on.

I'm so tired of:

- not being able to eat the foods I used to love. From the nausea in the first trimester, to random food aversions in the second (and now third), there have been a lot of things I haven't been able to enjoy like I used too. Spicy foods in particular.

- not being able to have a glass of wine with dinner. I generally don't drink that much - maybe a glass of wine or two a week - but to not even have the option is brutal. What's worse? I've actually been craving beer lately. I can't even remember the last time I wanted a beer, but here I am.

- having to sleep with 4 pillows so that my hips don't hurt, or so I don't roll on to my back (because then I can't breathe).

- (TMI alert) having to get up 3-4 times a night to pee.

- not being able to breathe properly. I get out of breath walking from my car to the office, or walking up the stairs at home.

- not being able to bend over without a) being in pain, b) feeling like I'm squishing the crap out of Baby G, and/or c) looking like a complete fool.

- the frickin' heat!! This has been a record-breaking year in terms of hot temperatures, high humidity, and low precipitation. Yay.

- generally feeling like ass most of the time. If it's not back pain, it's Baby G kicking me in the ribs, or feeling nauseous, or being super emotional, or being exhausted, or, or, OR.

- my belly getting bigger, and bigger, and BIGGER. How is it possible that this baby is going to grow more? How is my belly going to stretch anymore? I still have another 12 weeks(ish), and Baby G is supposed to triple in weight by then. HOW????

Not that I want Baby G to be born premature, but I'm pretty much ready to be done with pregnancy. I seriously cannot believe that I have another 2-3 months of this.

If anyone says shit like:
- you should enjoy this time before the baby comes...
- it will all be worth it when you see Baby G for the first time...
- at least you CAN sleep now...
- just wait until the baby comes...
- just wait until the baby is X, Y, Z age...

...or any other "helpful" comment we like to tell other people, I will frickin' lose it.

That is all.