HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Books About Confrontation?

The longer I work on this observatory project, the more I realize I am going to need to get better at handling confrontations; be it over email or in person, with "friends" or with "foes". There are just a lot of assholes out there who either want to stand in the way of change/progress, or like to completely overstep their bounds.

It shames me to say, but my biggest issue with confrontations - especially in person - is that I get teary-eyed. I don't mean to, and I certainly don't want to, but for some reason my body just reacts that way in those situations. I'd really like to be able to control my emotions more.

So, does anyone have any book suggestions about how to handle confrontations in the workplace? Books specifically geared toward women would be even better!