HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Friday, July 30, 2010

Randoms

There are a bunch of things I want to write about, but don't really warrant their own post!

1. After a hiatus of a few months, I've decided to shut down my Nature Network blog. You can read my reasons in my last post here.

2. PhD paper #3 was accepted!! Woohoo!! That means I only have MSc paper #2 to deal with before I'm caught up on all my academic obligations (and I've given my MSc supervisor a deadline of Baby G's arrival to get it submitted).

3. Related to #2, I had a very brief moment of Nature glory. They contacted my PhD supervisor and wanted to talk to both of us about PhD paper #3. However, by the time he returned their message, they had decided not to run the story. Oh well - it's still something, right?

4. I have had a few moments of glory related to the open house hosted on the weekend. My name has appeared in the newspaper twice (once in an article, another in a letter-to-the-editor that I wrote), and I had a TV interview. If you want to keep up on all the goings-on at the observatory, I created a Facebook group. Check it out, and join! We need the support!

5. I'll be putting together the August Scientiae Carnival over the weekend, so make sure to get your post submitted soon if you want to be included (official deadline is 11:59pm GMT today, but I'll accept them over the weekend too).