HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It goes on and on..

I posted the before and after pictures of the painting we had done a couple weeks ago. Well, the painting wasn't actually finished. We were supposed to get a third coat done in the front foyer and main stairwell because the blue was still showing through in places.

We first asked for them to do this on the Friday of the week they were here. They didn't do it. Either there was a mis-communication between the owners and the painter (we called the owners about it, since that was the phone number we had), or the painter forgot/didn't want to do it.

The painter dropped by the next day to give us the bill and drop off the key. We asked him about the third coat and he said he could come back on Tuesday to fix things. He didn't show up.

I called the owner again, asking when the painter can come back. He said Wednesday morning - fine. We get home on Wednesday after work and find the painting hasn't been done (or at least not a full coat like we asked) and our living room window was lying on our couch. The only person with access to our house (besides ourselves) was the painter, and the window/screen was not wrecked from the outside - so we figure the painter tried to open it and broke it some how.

If you're keeping score, that's 3 strikes (plus a broken window). DH and I lost it. We called the owner and talked to him for quite some time. I was adamant that I did not want the same painter back in our house. He had multiple chances to fix things and didn't. Plus he got paint on the ceiling and some of our gorgeous wood trim (not a very professional job, in my opinion). After a while, the owner understood the situation and would call us early the next week to schedule another painter to come and fix everything.

We get a call today (Tuesday - more than two weeks after the painting started) from a different owner to schedule another painter. He will be coming on Friday. I then ask him about fixing the window. He tells me the painter said he didn't touch it, and that he's known the painter for a long time, and doesn't know me from a hole in the wall, so what is he supposed to do? Basically, he's calling us liars. That we broke our own window on purpose so they would fix it.

I am so, so, SO very sick of these people. What's even more annoying is they think we are pissed off for no reason. No. I don't think that's the case. I think we've been more than fair and gave them plenty of chances to make things right without losing our heads. We gave the guy three chances to fix the painting, and he didn't, not to mention all the other crap. I don't think we are out of line, and they can kiss my ass if they think otherwise.