HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, June 14, 2010

Good Role Model

A couple days ago DH and I were out and saw a woman wearing this t-shirt:

Figure 1: Classy t-shirt by Hustler (link from Amazon.com)

Now, I think I would have been offended if anyone was wearing this shirt, but this particular woman was with her two pre-teen daughters.

I don't know - maybe I'm just super judgmental, but is that really the message you want to be sending to your kids? I mean, there are multiple things wrong with this in my mind: the language is tasteless (don't we try to minimize this language around children?), it's by Hustler (women should only be valued for their looks!), and it's promoting violence as a cute thing (note the princess crown - eta: those are apparently brass knuckles. How sweet!). Not exactly setting up your daughters to be strong (of the mind) women.

What do you think?