HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Heebee-Jeebees

Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed this ENORMOUS centipede-type bug just hanging out beside the scale in the bathroom. It didn't move for a while, so I was hoping it was dead. But, then I made some sort of noise and it frickin' skittered across the floor to the other side of the bathroom.

I freaked out and ran into our hallway/landing thing, and told my cat to go get it. A few hours before, I saw him deeply concentrated on something on the bathroom floor, and figured this must be what he was concentrating on.

Funny enough, he wasn't much help. I don't think he quite understood what I wanted him to do. In any case, I had to go back in the bathroom to finish brushing my teeth, and the damn thing skittered across the floor again. This time I let out a little squeal, and the cats proceeded to get puffy. Thanks for the help, kitties!

I did not sleep well last night. I kept having these dreams of enormous, gross looking bugs that can run faster than I can. Every time I woke up, I had to do a check of the bed to make sure the damn thing wasn't cuddling up with me. And, I couldn't avoid going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

I'm still having a case of the heebee-jeebees every time I even think about it...and it's not like I can avoid going into the bathroom!

Ugh - this is one thing I miss about living on the 12th floor of an apartment building.