HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Monday, April 12, 2010

High School Music Teacher

I got a message today that my high school music teacher is retiring. He was my favorite teacher, and he was the one that pushed me to become an excellent clarinetist. He was always very supportive of each of his students - whether they were the top of the class, or barely able to put three notes together. He knew how to get the best out of each and every one of us, and his music ensembles always did extremely well in the festivals.

You could tell he was a very influential teacher because he would constantly get visitors that were previous students of his. In fact, I've been back to my high school a number of times just to visit him, and I know many of my classmates have done the same.

There will be a retirement party for him in mid-June back in Calgary (my home town), and I'm contemplating going back for it. But, with the house and other stuff going on, I'm not sure if I have the time or the money. Granted - if I do go back, I'd get to see my family too, which is always a bonus (right parents? :D). Hmm...not sure what to do!