HOME    ABOUT ME    RESOLUTIONS    BOOKS    CONTACT

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Rude Police

Right now, I'm reading this book:


and it's frickin' hilarious!! The whole book is about how she deals with the rudeness of strangers, and I am constantly laughing.

To give you an idea of what she talks about, the first page opens with a phone conversation she has with a fellow who was a loud-cell-phone talker. During his cell-phone conversation, he gave out his name, phone number, and other personal information. She called him later on, basically repeated all of his "private" information to him, and then suggested that maybe he be more careful in the future. Pure awesomeness.

I'm only about 50 pages in, but so far I am inspired to start standing up to these people who can turn a good day into a bad one. Perhaps not to the extent that she does, but there's got to be something I can do to help clamp down on the rampant rudeness that has infected our society.